Monday, January 21, 2013

Your Fault

During our recent holiday, I had an interesting experience. I was preparing a meal together with my daughter in her kitchen. I opened a plastic bag of nuts for later use and leaned the open bag against a pot. My daughter needed that pot for something else and took the pot. As she did not see the bag of nuts leaning against the pot, the bag fell over spilling the nuts all over the kitchen floor.
My instant reaction was to bark at her to watch out. Collecting my thoughts I mentioned that maybe it was not the smartest thing of me to lean the bag against the pot.
She only said: ‘No need for fault finding.’ And started picking up the nuts and I humbly started picking up some nuts as well.
To me a great lesson learnt or re-learnt. How often does it happen? Things go wrong. Both parties could be blamed to some degree and then the blame game started. Arguments erupt, fighting etc. I really admired my daughter for her reaction, like – it doesn’t really matter whose fault it is. Let’s rectify the mishap and go on having a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment