Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Decision Making

Decision Making

Do you want to improve your decision making? Here is a way.
For every decision that you make, write down the expected results. Compare, after the appropriate time, the actual results with the expected results. Typically, that will tell you something.
E.g. for myself I found out that I tend to be:
Too impatient - That means I can’t wait for the best timing or do not collect all available information.
Too optimistic – Most of the time the actual results turn out to be a bit lower compared to my expected results.
Learning point for me: For important decisions I need to take a bit more time to collect relevant information or analyse things. Secondly, I need to double check if my expectations are realistic.
I suggest you do the same analysis for your way of making decisions. Being aware of your own mind-set will help you to make better decision in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment