Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Maintain Responsibility

There is a certain pattern of executive behaviour that I observe quite frequently and want to bring to your attention.

An executive has, what she thinks, a wonderful idea and brings it up to the management. The management does not agree to that idea. Of course, it is always difficult to accept a rejection of an idea. As a result of this, the executive thinks – Well I have made my contribution, I will continue doing my job, but don’t expect any more innovative ideas from me. Also, don’t blame me for lack of results later.

An understandable human reaction but not a recipe for success. Success requires taking a rejection in your stride and still take ownership for the goal, or continuing to push the same idea, or come up with other innovative ideas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment